Your privacy is important to us. When you provide information to us via our website, our online store, or email, we protect it according to this policy. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following types of information when you send us an email message, use or purchase our products, and browse our website:
- Information you provide directly, such as your name and contact data, when you send us an email message or make an online order.
- Information automatically collected by our website and temporarily stored in the log files of the server, when you visit a page on our website:
- The browser type and version used
- The operating system used by the accessing system
- The website from which the accessing system reaches our website
- The date and time of access to our website
- The IP address
- Other similar data and information that may be used to defend against cyber attacks on our systems.
- Aggregate data, such as the number of hits per week, per web page.
- Product name and version number, when you choose the “Check for Updates” command in our products or when they automatically call up our website at regular intervals if you have selected the “Automatically check for updates” option.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We will not disclose personal data to any third parties unless you have given your prior consent or we are required to do so under applicable laws. Instead, we use information collected via our website, our online store, and email in the following ways:
- For information you provide directly, such as ordering and contact information or email messages: we use this information to provide support to you and fulfill your requests. The data you provide will be stored offline for the purpose of responding to your requests, in the event of follow-up questions, and for archival purposes.
- For information about web pages visited, page hits per week, and the like: we use this information, which is stored in server log files, internally to improve the design of our web pages.
- For information concerning product version numbers: we use this information, which is also stored in server log files, to monitor the diffusion and use of older versions of our products.
When using server log files we do not draw any conclusions about your person. Rather, this information is used to compile anonymous statistics about visits to our website and use of different versions of our products.
Our Third-Party Data Processors
We use FastSpring to power our online store and process our payments. To learn more about FastSpring’s data protection policies and the personal information they collect, visit their privacy statement page. FastSpring is fully compliant with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Union, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by emailing .
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing .
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Contact Data of the Controller